This page aims to provide an overview what resources (documentation, communication channels, etc) are available to wxWidgets programmers. wxWidgets documentation is rather fragmented, so new users are encouraged to read this document to quickly find their way in the available channels.
The wxWidgets Documentation Browser provides a nice frontend for searching though various resources.
- The 'Documentation'-section of wxwidgets.org holds much valuable information. Especially the full online documentation is invaluable. (There is also a wiki version of the online documentation which has some nice user contributed notes.) The most important sections are:
- You can quickly access these docs from your browser using Browser-Shortcuts For The Online Docs
- This wiki itself provides documentation, tips, gotcha's etc., and plenty of links to relevant sections in the official docs. See the Table Of Contents - and don't forget to try the 'search' function below.
- The 'Documentation'-section of wxwindows.org lists some pretty decent ones, expecially the one by David Beech, PDF version thanks to Johannes Elsinghorst
- http://www.horstmann.com/ccc.html has a lecture slide download that contains a chapter on programming in wxWidgets. Download the slide.zip file and look in the ch18 folder.
- http://code.technoplaza.net/wx-sdl/ A tutorial on using wxWidgets and SDL together.
- http://code.technoplaza.net/wxNibbles/ A tutorial on event-driven game programming using wxWidgets.
- The wxWidgets mailinglists are very active. Be sure to search the archives and read the mlhowto.
- The newsgroup news:comp.soft-sys.wxwindows (also via Google Groups) should be a mirror of the wx-users mailing list - note that some messages don't seem to come though.
- The GMane  group gmane.comp.lib.wxwindows.general is also a (two way) mirror of the wx-users mailing list.
- The official wxWidgets Discussion Forum.
- The '#wxwidgets' IRC channel on freenode (http://www.freenode.net/) is usually not very crowded, but the folks are generally well-tempered and helpful. Drop by, share the fun!
Deeper tech docs
In 'docs/tech' directory of the distribution, there is documentation that is only interesting for people who make changes to wxWidgets itself.