This page aims to provide an overview what resources (documentation, communication channels, etc) are available to wxWidgets programmers. wxWidgets documentation is rather fragmented, so new users are encouraged to read this document to quickly find their way in the available channels.
- The wxWidgets Online Search provides a powerful engine for searching though various official wxWidgets resources.
- The 'Documentation'-section of wxwidgets.org holds much valuable information. Especially the full online documentation is invaluable. The most important sections are:
- You can quickly access the documentation from your browser using Browser-Shortcuts For The Online Docs
- This Wiki itself provides documentation, tips, pitfalls, warnings and plenty of links to relevant sections in the official documentation. Try a search on the left menu if you're looking for something specific.
- How To Become A WxWidgets Expert - Recommended reading, tips, and roadmaps to becoming an expert.
- wxWidgets Source Code Overview provides a summary of the wxWidgets directory structure
- In the 'docs/contributing' directory of the distribution, there is documentation for developers working on wxWidgets itself.
- http://wxwidgets.info/ wxWidgets-related articles and tutorials in English and Russian, video tutorials etc.
- The tutorials section of wxWidgets.org lists some pretty decent ones.
- http://begemotov.net/wxwidgets/ blog about programming with wxWidgets in Russian
- The wxWidgets mailing lists are very active. Be sure to search the archives and read the mailing list posting guide.
- The official wxWidgets Discussion Forum.
- The #wxwidgets IRC channel on Libera is usually not very crowded, but the folks are generally well-tempered and helpful. Read this, then drop by and share the fun!
- GitHub issues - If you think you found a bug in the library and want to report it. See also how to report an issue.