Installing MinGW under Windows
|This article applies to the following versions|
|Status: Up to Date|
Download and install MinGW
Download MinGW-5.1.6.exe from here. When running the installer:
- Choose Download and Install
- Read and accept the license agreement
- Select Current Pacakge
- When choosing the components to install you'll need:
- MinGW base tools
- g++ compiler
- MinGW Make
- Select a destination folder.
- Confirm the start menu folder.
Add \bin to the Path environment variable
Add the bin folder of your MinGW installation (e.g. C:\MinGW\bin) to your Windows environment Path variable (see Adding an Environment Variable under Windows). This is done in order to enable the MinGW make application to run from command prompt.