Adding an Environment Variable under Windows
- Close all instances of your IDE (or your new environment variables will not be available until you restart it).
- Right-click on My Computer and open the Properties window.
- Switch to the Advanced tab and click the Environment Variables button.
Adding to the Path variable
- Under the 'System variables' section select Path.
- Click Edit.
- Append to the end of the string your path prepended by a semicolon (;). For example ";C:\MinGW\bin".
Adding WXWIN Variable
- Under the 'User variables' section, click New.
- For name, type "WXWIN", and for value, type the full location where you installed wxWidgets to (typically "C:\wxWidgets-x.x.x" or "C:\wx\wx288").
- Click OK on all dialogs to save your settings.